Assists Stylists in providing all hair care services offered by Carlton.
Licensing: None required however, it is expected that the Assistant / Apprentice be a current cosmetology / barber student currently taking classes to become a stylist.
• Assist in analyzing customers’ hair to determine condition of hair and appropriate methods to reach the desired goal;
• Provide excellent customer service;
• Offer coffee, water and magazines to clients and escort them to the changing room, give them a customer gown and drape the client before services;
• Assist the stylist in performing color services including but not limited to mixing, applying and removing color under the supervision of the stylist, cutting foils for weaves, holding foils for the stylists and cutting and preparing foils for highlighting ;
• Drape the client and shampoo and condition the client’s hair;
• Blow dry the client’s hair;
• work a flexible schedule, including a substantial number of evening and weekend hours;
• attend work timely and consistently, including attending mandatory staff meetings, training sessions or as otherwise required by management;
• maintain salon areas in a sanitary, clean, orderly manner to board certified standards for cleanliness;
• communicate effectively with management, customers and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner; and
• comply explicitly with and promote all corporate policies, procedures and work rules.
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs to pick up bottles of product needed to perform hair care services;
• Continuous standing throughout the day to perform hair care services.
• Continuous walking – greeting the client at the front of the salon and walking them back to the styling chair, to and from the shampoo area, to get supplies needed for the service and walking the client back to the front of the salon.
• Continuous repetitive movement with fingers, hands, wrists and arms using scissors to cut hair, rolling hair in rods to perform perm services, vigorous movement to massage/shampoo client’s hair, twisting wrists to blow dry and styling hair with various irons.
• Continuous grasping of client’s hair, blow dryer, curling iron, combs, and hair coloring brushes in order to perform services.
• Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above shoulder level height to perform services, stock shelves, retrieve product / supplies from cupboards and shelves..
• Frequent twisting and bending to shampoo client’s hair and twisting to reach for tools while client is seated in styling chair and sweep hair off the floor after service.
• Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
• Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and client perfume.
• Visual observation of a customer’s hair, including close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to communicate with customer regarding services offered and requested and the customer’s needs and wants.
• Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms and other documents and read and comprehend product instructions.