The Regis Salons Receptionist is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service and communicating effectively with management, customers and co-workers. Specifically, the Receptionist is expected to:
• Market and grow the business
• Provide exceptional customer service
• Control expenses
• Complete required tasks
As a receptionist, you will be held accountable for these key areas. Successful performance will be measured by meeting or exceeding established requirements.
• Market and grow the business
o Meet or exceed minimum productivity requirements as established by the company
o Promote and sell services and products, including recommending and selling additional services and/or retail products which will enhance and improve the customer’s image and/or contribute to the customer’s satisfaction with services performance
o Clearly convey a complete understanding of pricing for available services;
o Coordinate Promotional Sales displays as directed by the company using ShopTalk
o Responsible for sales to all walk-in retail customers.
• Provide exceptional customer service as the receptionist
o Understand the needs of the customer, greet each customer professionally by name, escort all clients through the salon, give salon tour when necessary
o Estimate wait times for scheduled and unscheduled appointments
o Answer the telephone promptly and professionally
o Handle general complaints and refer customer service issues to the manager
• Manage and control expenses
o Follow weekly salon schedules as directed by Salon Manager
o Correctly charge for services rendered and products purchased, including proper discounting according to Company policy
o Safeguard company assets by adhering to company policies and procedures
• Complete required administrative tasks/compliance
o Perform a variety of tasks related to assisting salon operations, including but not limited to: answering telephones, stocking shelves, sweeping hair and other duties as assigned by manager
o Communicate effectively with management, customers and co-workers in a professional and courteous manner
o Maintain and uphold safety standards by identifying and correcting conditions that affect salon safety
o Attend work timely and consistently, including attending mandatory staff meetings, training sessions or as otherwise required by management
o Adhere to all corporate policies, procedures and work rules
o Handle all POS transactions including opening and closing the register.
• Ability to work in a dynamic salon environment as the receptionist
• Good time management skills, good judgment, and the ability to multi-task.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with customers, co-workers, and management.
• Computer knowledge including but not limited to point-of-sale systems and data entry.
• Ability to work a flexible receptionist schedule including nights and weekends
• Frequent lifting up to 10 lbs. to stock retail shelves. Occasional lifting 10-25 lbs. to assist unloading monthly shipment of products.
• Continuous standing throughout the day
• Continuous reaching, alternating between shoulder level and above shoulder level height to stock shelves.
• Occasional pushing and pulling to move styling chair.
• Continuous exposure to various chemicals and fragrances used in performing services and styling hair, including but not limited to permanent solutions, straightening solutions, shampoos, conditioners, hair spray and client perfume.
• Occasional climbing of ladder/stepstool to stock shelves, retrieve products and maintain salon
• Ability to communicate with customers regarding services offered and requested and the customer’s needs and wants.
• Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills necessary to read and complete company forms and other documents.
• Occasional travel to mandatory meetings and training sessions, including overnight travel.